For some reason I am getting a lot of people reaching out to me with questions about Flow roadmap, whether I plan to switch to TypeScript and expressing their concerns about the uncertainty of the Flow future (perhaps because I maintain eslint-plugin-flowtype).
The most common concerns that I hear are:
- Flow error messages are hard to comprehend.
- No public roadmap.
- TypeScript has better IDE integration.
For what is worth,
- Flow error reporting has improved drastically over the last 12 months. I think the sentiment that TypeScript produces better error messages is outdated. I am going to address this in an article where I compare errors produced by the two type systems.
- You’ve addressed the communication issue.
- I do agree that Visual Studio Code provides great experience working with TypeScript.
Avik Chaudhuri can you comment regarding deprecation of Nuclide and the future of Flow IDE integration?